Recipes: Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs

Leave a Comment
Recipes
 
Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs
Mar 16th 2016, 07:00, by Jemma

Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs TITLE

Figs aren’t in season until the early autumn here in the UK, which is a shame because I’m a massive fan. My favourite way to eat them is chopped in a salad with goat’s cheese, pecan nuts, rock salt and lightly drizzled with honey – that my friends is my idea of heaven!  

Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs 4

I’ve been on this sweet and salty train ride for a while and my love for this combination seems to be sticking.  I’m not sure what it is about it, but it just hits the spot with my taste buds and my belly is seriously a happy customer after eating any sweet treat that is geniusly also salted.  

Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs 3

When fresh figs aren’t in season, dried figs are the next big thing, readily available all year round in local supermarkets. Now, I can’t really call this a recipe because no preparation, chopping or even cooking for that matter is required.  However, after whipping these pimped up dried figs and snacking on them with my tea, I knew that I couldn’t keep it to myself because I know that you’re going to love this too!

Chocolate Dipped Salted Figs 5

I did mention in my Salted Chocolate and Tahini Snack Balls recipe post that I will be posting more simple and easy to whip up snacks like this.  Oh, and I’ve just noticed that there is a running theme with the salted aspect of both recipes – what can I say, I’m like a woman obsessed!

A while back I vaguely remember seeing a  recipe somewhere for dried mango dipped in chocolate, which I would link to if I could find the post.  Any dried fruit like mangos, dates, apples and bananas would work wonderfully in this recipe.  With only 3 ingredients these are the easiest snack EVER and something that you definitely need in your life unless dried fruit isn’t your bag of course!  

Are you a sweet and salty fan?  What is your favourite dried fruit to snack on? 



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment