Recipes: Dragonfruit Jam

Leave a Comment
Recipes
 
Dragonfruit Jam
Mar 11th 2016, 22:00, by Recipe Nomad

Dragonfruit is in season and I couldn’t help but grab a couple when I was at the fruit market this week. Unfortunately it’s only me and my littlest nomad who likes dragonfruit. Which is a shame I know but it’s not like I can force feed them! Or could I….

  
But I had an idea! My kids love raspberry jam. The bright purple color of the dragonfruit looks like raspberry jam. So guess what I’m going to do? Yep! Turn this yummy fruit into a jam that may or may not fool my family.

 

 

 

I’ve had a dragonfruit and orange salad before and it was yummy. The acidity of the orange compliments the dragonfruit beautifully. Since tangelo’s are still all over the fruit market, I figured I couldn’t go wrong if I combined these two fruits to make the ultimate…. DRAGONFRUIT JAM!

 
  
But don’t despair! If you don’t have tangelos, just use oranges or lemons. No biggie!

Now that I have a lot of this beautiful purple jam, what am I going to do with it? I’m thinking a Pinwheel Danish or perhaps layered between sheets of puff pastry and vanilla custard….

What would you do with Dragonfruit Jam?

  

   
 


Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment