Recipes: Staying Healthy When You’re Struggling For Time

Leave a Comment
Recipes
 
Staying Healthy When You're Struggling For Time
Mar 12th 2016, 07:00, by Jemma

healthy

During busy times in our lives, despite our best intentions it can be difficult to stay healthy.  Rather than cook a healthy meal after a tiring day it feels far more convenient to ring your local takeaway, but don’t feel guilty about it – we’ve all been there and a treat here and there isn’t going to do you any harm.  

Today I’m sharing some of the things that help me stay on track when I’m pushed for time and don’t have the energy to get in the kitchen and cook a healthy meal.  I think it’s important to remember that we’re not perfect and there are times when we’re not eating as healthy as we would like, but having some easy time-saving tricks up your sleeves can really help when you are feeling stuck. 

Persimmon and Turmeric Immune Boosting Smoothie 2

BREAKFAST ON THE GO

I’m a big fan of portable breakfasts when I’m busy and need to be out of the house early. In these instances, my go-to breakfast is a delicious smoothie.  Simply throw your favourite ingredients into a blender, whizz them up and there you have a healthy breakfast in minutes to give you a wonderful start to your day.  You can even give your smoothies a nutritional boost by adding fruit and vegetable supplements like the ones from Juice PLUS+.

FILL UP YOUR FREEZER

Batch cooking is my saviour if I don’t have time to cook during the week.  Every so often I like to have a big cooking session just for stocking up my freezer.  I find it reassuring that I always have some healthy meals on standby should I need them. 

WARM WATER WITH LEMON 

This magic elixir has become engrained into my morning routine and I couldn’t imagine starting my day without it.  I always feel like I’ve given my body a mini detox because it’s great for flushing out the toxins from the day before.  It’s such a simple trick that can be done in minutes even when you don’t really have the time and your body will feel better for it. 

MAKE ROOM FOR LEFTOVERS ON YOUR MEAL PLAN

Meal planning is a big deal in my house, not only does it mean that we don’t waste money on things we don’t need and I stay on track, but it also means that there is less food waste too.  I always make sure that I plan meals that are going to have lots of leftovers so they can be either frozen or left in the fridge for another healthy weekday meal.  Leftovers rock, especially when you are short on time!

Salted Chocolate & Tahini Snack Balls 5

HEALTHY SNACK BARS

Having a stash of healthy snack bars in your bag is a great idea to stay healthy while out and about or in a rush.  They are much healthier than snacks that are full of nasties and additives and will tide you over if you tend to get hungry between meals.

EXERCISE WHILST WAITING FOR SOMETHING

Squeezing in a full workout can be difficult when you don’t have the time, but you can fit some exercise into your day to get that body moving.  Doing things like squats, lunges and jumping jacks whilst you’re waiting for the kettle to boil or dinner to cook are great ways to get some exercise into your day that aren’t time-consuming.   You could even take the stairs instead of the lift to get some exercise if time is not on your side, it all helps. 

WHEN YOU ARE PUSHED FOR TIME, HOW DO YOU STAY HEALTHY?  DO YOU STILL MANAGE TO GET IN A FULL WORKOUT SESSION?

*post commissioned by Juice PLUS+, but all opinions are my own



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment